The Holidays are upon us and I really wanted to make a healthy, delicious and colourful salad for the Holidays.
I’ve created a Quinoa salad filled with lovely red and green veggies that are healthy and nutritious!
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 1/2 Cups broccoli tops
- 340g Green Beans
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Green Onions
- 1/2 Red pepper
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1/3 Cup roasted Pine Nuts
- 2 Tbs. Sweetened Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Avocado Oil
- The juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Cook the Quinoa in salted water and let it cool.
- Partially cook the Green Beans and Broccoli. They need to maintain the crunchy texture.
- Also when you take the Green Beans and Broccoli out of your steamer or boiling water insert them in iced water so they maintain their bright green colour.
- Cut the green beans and broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Finely slice the Red Onion and squeeze out the juice under cold water.
- Finely chop the Green Onions.
- Chop the red and green pepper to bite size pieces.
- Roast the pine nuts and set them aside.
- Make the dressing and mix it really well.
- In a bowl add the quinoa, green beans, broccoli, red onion, red pepper and green pepper all together.
- Add the dressing on top and mix the salad really well. On top sprinkle the Green onion, cranberries and pine nuts.