Frais FixePrasarita Padottanasana – Wide Leg Forward BendFrais Fixe
Wide-Legged Standing Forward Fold is a calming forward bend that stretches the hamstrings and back. There are several arm variations, making this a suitable pose for yoga students of all levels!
Frais FixeIndications:Frais Fixe
1. Step your feet about 3 to 4 feet apart, with your hands on your hips.Tuck the toes slightly inwards to protect the knees
2. Lift up tall through your whole torso and fold slowly on the exhale. As you fold, make sure you are folding from your hip joints to avoid rounding your lower back.
3. Place your hands flat on the floor or on blocks, shoulder-width apart; making sure your back is straight.
4. After taking several breaths, ground into your feet, bring the hands back on the hips. On the inhale, slowly lift up to standing.
Frais FixeVariations:Frais Fixe
- Protect your knees: If your knees can hyperextend, practice with a slight bend in your knees to keep your hamstrings engaged.
- Don’t hesitate to use blocks if your hands don’t reach the ground.
Frais FixeBenefits:Frais Fixe
- Strengthens and stretches the inner and back legs and the spine
- Tones the abdominal organs
- Relieves mild backache
- Stretches backs of legs and inner groins
- Calms the brain and eases fatigue
- Improves circulation
- Decompresses the spine and creates space in between the vertebrae.
Frais FixeContraindications:Frais Fixe
- Hamstring injury.
- Groin injury.
- Lower back injury.