This is our first time making granola and let me tell you it won’t be our last. Mom found the recipe in her Alive Magazine and we’ve been testing different variations. We made 2 batches in the same weekend. In this one we replaced the hemp seeds with chia seeds and added some dried cranberries from Patience Fruit Co. This recipe is delicious, simple and is definitely a keeper for life!
Let’s dive right into it!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 F
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Melt coconut oil with maple syrup and vanilla. Add mixture to large bowl along with oats, seeds, cinnamon and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Press into single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 55 minutes, until dry and uniformly browned.
- Turn off oven and let sit in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.