There’s something so amazingly mysterious about Poppy seeds. I sound crazy, but, don’t we tend to forget about them? And then we remember them, the cool texture they add to your warm lemon & poppyseed muffins…This is the first time I use them in a recipe, no I don’t live under a rock, but better late than never. Now i’m looking for opportunities to use these babies everywhere!
These fluffy pancakes are inspired by the Summer 2016 Trois Fois Par Jour Magazine, but with a slightly healthier twist. They are super easy to make! The combination of the grapefruit + poppy seeds combines great with the whip cream and honey.
Enjoy and happy Thursday loves!
- 3/4 cup grapefruit juice (about 1 grapefruit)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar (we used Lakanto)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Butter for cooking
- 2 cups wild flower honey
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (you can use the vegan alternative that’s made with coconut cream by So Delicious)
- 1/2 grapefruit cut into pieces
- In a bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, grapefruit juice and milk. Slowly incorporate the flour, baking powder and poppy seeds until there are no remaining chunks left.
- On medium heat, melt some butter in a non-stick pan. Put about 1/4 cup of mixture into the pan and flip once you see bubbles in your pancake mix. Let cook for 1 more minute. Reserve and keep warm. You have enough to make about 6-8 small pancakes.
- Whip the cream and add honey.
- Serve pancakes with whipped cream and grapefruit slices on top.