Need a warm and comforting side dish? How about something easy to make with few ingredients? Something sure to impress the in-laws? This gluten-free and vegan mushroom risotto is sure to hit the spot and please everyone at your table!
This dish is cheesy, creamy and mouth watering! The mushrooms are so satisfying, and the nutritional yeast really makes this a decadent dish. The lemon and parsley add a brightness that help cut through the starchy rice. The perfect balance of an easy dish with complex flavours!
It is one of the simplest yet recipes I’ve made but totally worth the effort. If I’m being completely honest, this was my first-time making risotto…it turned out so well I just HAD to share it with you all! It was a huge hit with my non-vegan family members and I can’t wait for you to make this warm and creamy risotto for yours!
- 2 cups diced button mushrooms
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Place the vegetable broth in a large pot and boil.
- Sautee the mushrooms, onions and garlic in a small amount of water in another pot.
- When vegetables are softened add the rice and continue cooking until toasted.
- Add the vegetable stock to the rice one ladle at a time. Continuously stir and add stock until the rice is cooked through and there is little to no liquid left.
- Stir in butter, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and parsley and serve!