This tomato soup is everything you want on a chilly fall weekend; warm and rich, while light and savoury. It’s made with fresh, local and organic ingredients and the perfect combination to enjoy with some Edgy Veggie crackers. To make this soup really stick out, you have to roast not only the tomatoes, but the garlic too, and use lots of it! Make this for your Sunday lunch and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
- 2 lbs medium tomatoes halved
- 1 sweet onion, quartered
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp basil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- Pinch of cayenne
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven at 400 F.
- Cut tomatoes and onion and place in large bowl.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the bowl (except the garlic) and mix.
- Pour onto a baking sheet. (except garlic)
- Cut the tips off the garlic on the open side so that the tip of each clove is exposed. Place the garlic on a separate baking sheet open side down and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place everything in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Put the ingredients into a high speed blender. For the garlic, all you need to do is squeeze each clove out until the cloves are all in the soup blend.
- Blend until smooth.